DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
We are currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician II to join our family. Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Come be a part of the change! Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
As a Pharmacy Technician II, you be responsible for accurately performing all advanced and basic pharmacy technician functions in a timely manner. In addition, they may be responsible for performing duties associated with Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs) and other specialized duties as assigned by the pharmacy management team.
- Procures and distributes medications orders per physician request, pharmacist request, or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Accurately prepackages medications following departmental procedures.
- Prepare Sterile products to include: chemotherapy/hazardous drugs, parenteral products, sterile eye drops, irrigation solution and other sterile products
- Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas accurately per established schedule.
- Controlled substances are accurately dispensed with proper documentation.
- Counting discrepancies and suspected diversion is immediately brought to the attention of a pharmacist.
- Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and procedures.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, unpacking, and storing pharmaceuticals and supplies in appropriate locations
Qualifications you will need:
•High school graduate or GED Required
•3 months sterile product compounding experience, preferred
•1 years of related pharmacy tech experience, required
•ASHP Sterile Preparation Institutional Training Certification or similar, preferred
•PTCB Certification, preferred
•FL State Board of Pharmacy Registration, required.
Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for over 60 years. As a comprehensive healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. A 473-bed acute care facility, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.
We believe excellent people make this excellence happen. If this sounds like the type of meaningful work you'd like to be a part of, we encourage you to apply! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website