Emergency Dept Manager- Days - 10k sign on bonus - Relocation
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling activities of the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Licensure: Current Oklahoma Registered Nurse.
- Experience: At least 5 years current nursing experience and 3 years emergency nursing experience required.
- Certifications: American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) are required for independent practice.
- Other: Department Managers will have the following skills: 1) Well developed communication and interpersonal skills; 2) Well developed writing skills sufficient to design comprehensive and concise reports and proposals; 3) Skills in developing and effectively delivering oral presentations; 4) Skills to successfully direct the operations of multiple departments and/or units; 5) Skill to develop and implement department operating budget; 6) General knowledge of data processing operations sufficient to ensure the development of program specifications for data input, data retrieval, and report preparation; 7) Skill in effectively applying counseling techniques in the resolution of staff conflict; and 8) Skill in identifying and recommending training needs of staff.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor Degree and CEN preferred.
For more information, please reach out to Chris at Chris.Freeman@Mercy.Net
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website