We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
The GIS Manager will lead the adoption and development of GIS capability and spatial intelligence at Mercy. In partnership with supporting teams, this position will fulfill the principal role in building the GIS team and infrastructure from the ground up by developing new solutions, equipping users to deliver insight, and administering the system. The GIS Manager will perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the mission and values of Mercy.
- Experience: • 5+ years of increasing responsibility for enterprise GIS development, administration, support, and analysis. Demonstrated successful ownership of GIS administration and development roles.
• Diverse expertise in products of the Esri platform
• Advanced Python experience developing spatial analysis and GIS administration workflows
• Enterprise RDBMS data administration
• Rich history of sourcing data to answer open-ended questions in web applications and map visualization
• Healthcare experience preferred
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree in related field. GIS professionals originate from diverse academic backgrounds.
- Preferred Education: GISP certification or Master's degree preferred
- Other: • Strong project management skills and experience
• Organized, reliable self-starter
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Strong creative thinking, problem-solving, decision-maker with ability to conceptualize, solicit input, and execute
• Drives for results in prioritized manner (balanced sense of urgency)
• Meticulous attention to detail, with an overall passion for continual improvement
• Listening skills, minimal ego (listen first, then respond)
• Highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time)
• Analytical with a natural curiosity to get the best results possible
• Clear, succinct communication (gets straight to the point)
• Agile (can adapt quickly to a changing environment)
• Collaborative (works with peers across many functionalities within the company)
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Possess high degree of integrity and moral character
• Consultative and collaborative style with a results-driven approach
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Strong relationship-building skills
• Ability to travel as needed
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Apply on company website