Medical Assistants support all aspects of patient care as directed by office manager and/or nurses and physicians. They ensures appropriate communication and documentation in Epic as well as assist with general clerical duties as needed.
- Escorts patients to exam rooms, taking vital signs and histories as directed and accurately documenting in Epic.
- Assists physician/nurse with medical procedures as directed.
- Performs patient testing, administers medication/vaccines as directed.
- Maintains examination rooms and instruments appropriately.
- Ensures appropriate communication, including scheduling, refilling prescriptions and processing messages.
- Calls patients with lab, test results. Phone triage.
- Scans medical records and test results accurately into Epic in a timely manner.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Graduate of an accredited
medical assistant program
- Experience: OR 2 years comparable experience as a medical assistant.
- Computer skills. Ability to spell correctly. Good communication skills.
- Preferred Certification/Registration: To become CMA within 12 - 15 months from date of hire.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Find us at:
Facebook | LinkedIn | Instagram | mercy.net | Mercy Careers
RMA, Registered Medical Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, CCMA, Clinic Medical Assistant, Clinical Medical Assistant, Medical Technologist, Phlebotomy, Phlebotomist, CNA, Certified Nurse Assistant, EMT, Emergency Medical Tech, Clinic Technician, Technician, Health Care Tech Nursing, Clinic Nurse, Clinical Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Clinic LPN, Clinical LPN, Specialty Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Practical Nurse
Apply on company website