Competitive salary, regular performance incentives, and future career growth!
$1,000 Sign on Bonus Available!
- Assists the physician and office staff with selected duties to include clerical processing, patient preparation, scheduling, lab, x-ray and medical records. As directed, performs patient care activities consistent with the established standards of nursing practice. The incumbent in this position shall carry out his or her responsibilities and integrate into his or her work ethic the Mercy Philosophy of caring for the sick and suffering, respect for human life and the dignity of each person, applying Christian values to all crucial human issues in the area over which he or she has responsibility. In communicating with patients, families, visitors and employees, a caring, friendly, personal and professional approach is expected. Performs related duties as assigned. All the duties, responsibilities and qualifications documented in this job description are subject to reasonable accommodation. This job description is not to be construed as a detailed statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees of St. John's Health System are expected to comply with all federal, state and local regulations in addition to organization policy and procedures.
- Education: Knowledge of medical practice, care, examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of medical equipment, instruments and safety procedures. Knowledge of medical office procedures.
- Experience: Must have computer experience and good communication skills.
- Certifications: Obtain CPR certification within 90 days of employment.
- Other: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments, medications, taking vital signs, maintaining records, recording test results and office procedures.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Must be able to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and policies.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, staff and the public.
- Equipment Used: Must be able to operate multi-line phone, fax and computer.
- Preferred Experience: One year medical office experience preferred.
- Preferred Certifications:
- Medical Assistant certification from one of the approved certifying bodies: AMT (American Medical Technologist), AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants), or the NCCT (competency examination)
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
MA, CNA, medial, assistant, license, certified, nurse, admin, office, clerical, health, care, hospital, PCA, patient, full time, part time, in school, internship, class, entry level, graduate, college, graduate, FT, PT, jobs, career, administration, admin, bonus, 15, health, care, healthcare, Mercy, Cox, Springfield,
ed Medical Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, CCMA, Clinic Medical Assistant, Clinical Medical Assistant, Medical Technologist, Phlebotomy, Phlebotomist, CNA, Certified Nurse Assistant, EMT, Emergency Medical Tech, Clinic Technician, Technician, Health Care Tech, healthcare
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website