We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
- Serves patients by greeting and helping them, scheduling appointments, and maintaining records and accounts.
- Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone and answers or refers inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival, reviewing service delivery compared to schedule, and reminding providers of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties, answering patients' questions, and maintaining the reception area.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information, recording and collecting patient charges, controlling credit extended to patients, and filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, verifying receipt of supplies, and scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of medical, personal, and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Experience: Minimum of two years medical receptionist experience.
- Required Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Telephone skills
- Customer service
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Quality focus
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Medical Receptionist, Medical Secretary, Unit Secretary, Unit Receptionist, Patient Access Representative
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website