We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Under the general supervision of the Rehab Therapy supervisor at the Rehab Center at Mercy, and according to departmental policies and procedures regarding referral, standards of treatment, performs objective assessments, as well as comprehensive individualized treatment programs for adult and geriatric patients. Responsible for direct supervision to patients, indirect supervision of rehabilitation technicians. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
- Perform Initial Assessment/ Plan of Care for each patient upon receiving physicians order according to departmental policies and procedures and standards of care
- Administer appropriate modalities, exercise regimens, and/or treatment procedures according to departmental policies and procedures and standards of care
- Maintain progress notes and departmental records on each patient according to departmental policies regarding documentation and charges
- Participate in promoting education within the Rehab department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of special needs and behaviors of specific age groups to include adult and geriatric
- Direct rehabilitation technicians in assistance with patients, cleaning duties, or low level patient care to allow improved and efficient performance of the Rehab Department
This is a Per Diem/Flex Speech Therapist at Mercy Rehab Hosptial Oklahoma City
Education: Master's Degree in Speech/Language Pathology.
Licensure: Current Oklahoma licensure
Certifications: Certification from American Speech and Hearing Association.
Preferred Experience: Experience in caring for patients of all ages preferred.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. As a Speech Therapist you will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us as a Speech Therapist and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website