Clinical Laboratory Assistant with Phlebotomy Experience
PRN - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Clinical Laboratory Assistant to join our team who works under the supervision of the Lab Director and the lab supervisors. He/she processes specimens for the section, performs routine laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease, sets up instruments and performs basic equipment maintenance. Assists with ensuring all regulatory lab standards are met through following policies and procedures of the Hospital and accrediting regulatory agencies.
In this role, the Clinical Laboratory Assistant will:
- Processes specimens for the section; prepares blood smears and body fluid slides, centrifuges specimens, streaks microbiology plates, prepares specimens for transport to reference labs.
- Understands laboratory methods, demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results. Independently performs specimen processing and testing to include moderate complexity testing.
- Sets up instruments and performs basic equipment maintenance. Performs basic quality control as instructed, collects quality assurance data.
- Performs clerical duties such as answering telephones, communicating verified test results by phone, typing procedures, performing data entry/retrieval as may be required, filing paperwork and slides, faxing documents, and assisting with inventory of supplies.
- May perform phlebotomy, point-of-care and waived testing as designated.
- Performs work in accordance with laboratory regulatory standards.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- One year of Clinical Lab Assistant or related experience in a Clinical Laboratory to include prior experience with a variety of lab tests is preferred.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We've recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website