SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Case Management department. Submit your application today!
Benefits:We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a PRN Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) to join our team. You will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with the medical staff, other hospital departments, community agencies and others to provide continuity in care to the patient and their families. The social worker assesses strengths and/or stressors that impact patient functioning in order to identify available resources
What you will do in this role:
- Evaluates patient's physical, mental, and emotional well-being by interviewing patient, family and significant others when performing psychosocial assessments. Makes recommendations to the health care team regarding psychosocial diagnosis and treatment options when appropriate. Ensures that documentation of assessments and interventions are filed in the patient's medical record, and reflects the collaboration with other staff, patient/family, community agencies and others as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the health care team to facilitate discharge planning. Makes referrals to appropriate community agencies, maintains up-to-date information on community resources.
- Provides short-term crisis intervention counseling and emotional support to patients and their families, with focus on alleviating anxieties/fears relative to their life altering conditions and uncertainties of recovery. Assists patients/families to adjust to hospital routines; understand, accept, and comply with medical recommendations related to their selected interventions. Recognizes the need for long-term intensive counseling services and makes appropriate referrals.
- Makes appropriate referrals for financial assistance.
- Participates in patient care conferences and shares patient information with the team.
- Completes and submits records or reports as required by department, research facilities, and/or government agencies in a timely manner.
- Respects at all times the confidentiality of medical records and uses complete discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations and JCAHO standards.
- Maintains active membership in local professional associations in order to expand personal knowledge bases and to develop professional contacts.
Requires a Masters Degree in Social work from an accredited college or university.
Two years experience in the service area hired into preferred. Bilingual preferred, but not required
Must have a current Social Work License in the State of Texas
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website