Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Case Management department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a PRN Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) to join our team. You will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with the medical staff, other hospital departments, community agencies and others to provide continuity in care to the patient and their families. The social worker assesses strengths and/or stressors that impact patient functioning in order to identify available resources
What you will do in this role:
- Evaluates patient's physical, mental, and emotional well-being by interviewing patient, family and significant others when performing psychosocial assessments. Makes recommendations to the health care team regarding psychosocial diagnosis and treatment options when appropriate. Ensures that documentation of assessments and interventions are filed in the patient's medical record, and reflects the collaboration with other staff, patient/family, community agencies and others as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the health care team to facilitate discharge planning. Makes referrals to appropriate community agencies, maintains up-to-date information on community resources.
- Provides short-term crisis intervention counseling and emotional support to patients and their families, with focus on alleviating anxieties/fears relative to their life altering conditions and uncertainties of recovery. Assists patients/families to adjust to hospital routines; understand, accept, and comply with medical recommendations related to their selected interventions. Recognizes the need for long-term intensive counseling services and makes appropriate referrals.
- Makes appropriate referrals for financial assistance.
- Participates in patient care conferences and shares patient information with the team.
- Completes and submits records or reports as required by department, research facilities, and/or government agencies in a timely manner.
- Respects at all times the confidentiality of medical records and uses complete discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations and JCAHO standards.
- Maintains active membership in local professional associations in order to expand personal knowledge bases and to develop professional contacts.
- Requires a Masters Degree in Social work from an accredited college or university.
- Two years experience in the service area hired into preferred. Bilingual preferred, but not required
- Must have a current Social Work License in the State of Texas
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Northeast has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. With over 170 beds, the hospital offers a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, vascular, neurosurgery, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures. It is home to the Joint Replacement Academy offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain, as well as a neurosurgical program offering services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center; the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI; and by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. Methodist Hospital Northeast has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. The hospital has also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Northeast under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website