Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Procurement Organ Preservation Specialist today with Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant.Benefits
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as an Procurement Organ Preservation Specialist. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
The specialist participates as a member of the transplant team by providing deceased donor organ pulsatile perfusion and organ procurement services for the organ transplant departments. The specialist also assists the organ transplant surgeons during the deceased and living donor transplants by preparing the donor organs and assisting the transplant surgeon with the exposure of the recipient blood vessels in preparation for transplant.
What you will do in this role:
- Performs cadaveric renal perfusion services for Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital.
- Performs procurements for all organs, which includes, but is not limited to excising the organ, as well as preparing cadaveric organs prior to placement on the renal preservation device or into the recipient.
- Provides surgical assistance to all solid organ surgeons during donor and recipient surgeries.
- Participates in 24 hour on call duties shared by all procurement/preservation staff.
- Responsible for renal preservation equipment, as well as ordering/tracking supplies.
- Participates in data collection for procurement/preservation processes, as well as other transplant processes and United Network of Organ Sharing (UNOS) data, and reports statistical results upon request.
- Must have minimum of 2 years technical work experience in the field of organ donation/organ transplantation OR a minimum of 5 years operating room experience as a surgical technician.
- As of November 15, 2010 all must meet all education, experience, license, certificate, and training required under the Methodist Healthcare Surgical First Assistant job description. Those employed prior to November 15, 2010 will have 6 months to obtain certification.
- Maintain current Basic Life Support training
- High School Graduate / GED
- Certified Surgical Technician (CST), or Certified Surgical First Assistant (CFA)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Procurement Organ Preservation Specialist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website