DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Facilities Maintenance Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
What You Will Do In This Role:
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for repair, overhaul and preventive maintenance of hospital owned equipment, fixtures, fittings, furnishings and utilities distribution. Including machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners etc. Requisitions replacement parts as needed. Identifies issues and uses problem solving skills to make a sound decision for repair. The Maintenance Mechanic must work under normal day-to-day conditions with limited supervision, as well as under emergency conditions that require all equipment function as normal. Has a high proficiency of knowledge gained through on the job experience. Likely to act as an resource for peers. The Maintenance Mechanic may perform other duties of a special nature as directed by supervision staff.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Trouble shoot and repair electric beds.
2. Trouble shoot and minor adjustment to television basic problems.
3. Trouble shoot and minor repair to nurse call systems.
4. Repair plumbing and clear stoppages.
5. Repair and resetting of fire alarm systems.
6. Repair to operating room electric equipment.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High school diploma and one year technical school or equivalent preferred. Associate's Degree or 2 years of technical school is desirable
2. Experience: Training and experience: must have 4-6 years' experience in a related job or equal in training and on the job training, with at least 3 years' experience in a healthcare environment (not required) preferred.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: City of San Antonio Electrical Maintenance License (This may be obtained within six months of hire)
2. Preferred: Electrical; Plumbing; or Refrigeration License
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world's first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website