MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, DC. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
The Assistant Vice President, Safety & Support Services is the Safety Officer of MGUH. They have overall administrative responsibility and accountability for the management and direction of the operational, personnel and financial activities of the Environmental Services, Protective Services and Parking, Radiation Safety, Clinical Engineering, Telecommunications, Operators, Mail Room, Gift Shop, Life Safety, and Nutrition Services departments.
* Administer and maintain all department services in accordance with standards and criteria established by The Joint Commission, Federal, State, and Local agencies to ensure compliance to those external requirements.
* Develop, direct, plan, organize and manage all operational aspects of the Safety and Support Services division.
* Ensure response to inquiries and complaints from patients, physicians, staff and other customers in a manner consistent with Hospital policies and procedures.
* Develop and direct quality control and performance improvement activities.
* Develop, recommend, and maintain safety and loss prevention programs, procedures and regulations.
* BA/BSdegree.Master's degree in Business Administration or Health Administration preferred.
* At least Eight years experience in a responsible senior hospital management position, preferably in an academic medical center.
* Certificate of attendance at a recognized certification program related to regulatory compliance in the following areas: EPA, OSHA and National Fire Protection Association.
* Certified Environmental Compliance Manager (CECM) highly desirable.
* Specialized technical expertise and a complete knowledge and understanding of applicable regulations.About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.","industry":"Healthcare
Apply on company website