MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, DC. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
The cardiac sonographer performs echocardiography examinations under routine supervision.
* Performs 2D, Doppler, M-mode, color flow mapping, exercise and Dobutamine echocardiograms
* Prepares preliminary interpretation and/or interpretative review of examinations
* Explains non-invasive diagnostic procedures to the patient.
* Provides training in the proper function of the ultrasound systems, performance of transthoracic echocardiograms, procedures and processes of the Echo Lab.
* Assures upkeep of equipment and initiates requests for supplies and equipment repairs.
* High School graduate or the equivalent. Bachelor's degree in Science preferred.
* Current Registration or registry eligible (registered within 1 year of hire) as a Diagnostic Sonographer OR current registration or certification as a Cardiovascular Technologist.
* Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification.About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.","industry":"Healthcare
Apply on company website