MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, DC. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
The Certified Office Medical Assistant assists physicians, nurses, and health care professionals in the examination and treatment of pediatric patients, including: preparing the patient and the environment for treatment; meeting the communication needs of patients and family; conducting basic diagnostic tests; providing patient care coordination, patient education and clerical/reception functions.
* High school graduate or equivalent GED.
* Certification by an Accredited Professional Organization, i.e. National Healthcareer Association (NHA), American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), or American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred. If not certified at the date of hire must do so within six months of hire date.
* CPR certification required.
* One year of experience in health care setting, preferably an outpatient setting.
* Experience with electronic health records preferred.
* Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
* Skill in taking vital signs maintaining records and recording results.About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website