MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
The incumbent in this position works under the direction of and assists members of the professional nursing staff in providing nursing care to patients on an assigned nursing unit. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
Education & Certifications:
- High School graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- Satisfactory completion of Nursing Assistant training program or previous experience as a Nursing Assistant of one year or more.
- Current District of Columbia Nursing Assistant Certification preferred.
- BLS required.
- Six months experience working as a Nursing Assistant or Health Aide preferred.
- Ability to perform the basic nursing skills, which includes attending to personal hygiene and dietary needs of patients.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; basic math.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions in detail.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website