MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute
The MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute (MGTI) is seekinga Manager for our rapidly expanding Liver Transplant program.
MGTI is a proud member of MedStar Health, the premier health system in the Mid-Atlantic region and one of the nation's leaders in solid organ transplants.
MGTI is one of MedStar's Centers of Excellence and offers evaluation and treatment of advanced liver disease, intestinal disorders, chronic kidney disease and complications of diabetes. Our goal is to restore patients to their optimum level of health and return them to a productive life. We specialize in innovative treatments and provide our patients with access to groundbreaking research and clinical trials.
The incumbent in this position is a manager who provides professional nursing care and participates in and facilitates the management of the operational, personnel and financial activities of the unit. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
Education/Training Required:Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BS degree required, BSN or progress toward an advanced nursing degree preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Current D.C. License as a Registered Professional Nurse. Certification in BLS. Must complete certification as a transplant Coordinator within one (1) year of beginning the position.
Experience:Three to Fiveyears of related clinical experience in organ transplantation.
Special Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. In-depth knowledge of nursing principles, practice and skills. Competence in clinical area for which application is made. Demonstrated Leadership initiative.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in planning, directing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the nursing care during the pre, peri and post transplant continuum of care.
- Provides direct patient care continually monitoring and evaluating the quality of care and services that is provided on the unit.
- Performs and assures proper performance of:
- Ensures patient evaluations are performed to meet or exceed department timeline thresholds of patient flow
- Ensure the assigned Patient Waitlist is maintained to meet or exceed departmental thresholds for clinical review, follow-up, and resolution. History, current medications and allergies that may contraindicate procedure.
- Education of patient concerning procedure and giving of pre-procedure instructions.
- Provides oversight of the National Kidney Registry (NKR) program and ensure compliance with all regulatory mandates. In coordination with the Director of Quality, develops and/or implements performance Improvement activities to ensure adherence with departmental guidelines.
- Ensures all staff are “survey ready”.
- Provides and/or ensures completed orientation/training of all assigned positions. Pre-procedure assessment of patient and appropriate documentation per hospital policy.
- Provides operational support/oversight to the assigned clinical staff in the satellite outreach locations.
- Acts as the departmental Liasion of the HLA Lab. This will include the monitoring and enforcement of all MGUH related policies related to the HLA Lab.
- Particiapate in daytime call as needed per the Director of Clinical Operations.
- Coordinates and collaborates with nursing staff, physicians, patients, families and other Departments those activities related to patient and unit services.
- Ensures the assigned staffs are engaged and compliant with CTTM research and development activities of the unit.
- Coordinates and documents PI measures and QI functions of the department. Prepares Information for submission to appropriate hospital committees and required reporting systems.
- Assumes all responsibilities for the management of the clinical operations as assigned in the absence of the Director of Clinical Operations.
- Performs personnel management functions for the designated area to include, but not limited to interviewing, hiring, orienting, training, scheduling, coaching, counseling, evaluating, promoting, and terminating employees as delegated by or with Director's approval.
- Participates in planning (as delegated) of orientation, training, continuing education programs or other opportunities for learning for the unit and other Hospital staff as appropriate.
- Participates in monitoring and controlling assigned operational and capital budgets within administrative/departmental guidelines.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.","industry":"Healthcare
Apply on company website