About MedStar Georgetown's Medical/Surgical ICU
MedStar Georgetown's 19-bed Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit (MSICU) is staffed by highly dedicated and experienced critical care nurses and intensivists, complemented by skilled respiratory therapists, and other healthcare professionals trained to care for acutely ill surgical patients.The Medical SurgicalICU is equipped to provide patients with state-of-the-art therapies at the bedside (continuous renal replacement), advanced hemodynamic monitoring, complex mechanical ventilation modes and medication infusions.
The synergy between our professional expertise and our patient care model allows for clinical outcomes and results which are among the best in the nation.
General Summary of Position:
A nurseis responsible for providing competent professional nursing care using the nursing process. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing; Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing preferred.
- LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION: Current D.C. license as a Registered Professional Nurse upon hire; certification in Basic Life Support.Certification in specialty or related specialty preferred.
- EXPERIENCE:To meet unit criteria, at least two (2) years recent acute care experience in the relevant patient care area preferred. Two years of ICU experience preferred.
- SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Ability to perform the nursing technologies. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to set priorities and work under stress.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- PRACTICE & QUALITY
- Provides relationship-based care that promotes continuous, consistent, efficient and accountable delivery of nursing care using the nursing process.
- Demonstrates professional practice utilizing the framework of the professional practice model and is grounded in a culture of safety and quality.
- COMMUNICATION & COLLABORATION
- Communicates and collaborates with inter-professional groups to ensure coordination, continuity and safe care.
- Supports and contributes to the unit, department and organizational goals inclusive of the mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrates advocacy and support on behalf of inter-professional teams and patients.
- Delegates and supervises nursing staff in providing patient care and assumes leadership roles, e.g., charge nurse role. Participates in the development and implementation of quality activities.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Serves as a preceptor or mentor.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Incorporates evidence-based practice and research into patient care delivery.
About MedStar Georgetown University Hospital:
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, our healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership. As the firsthospital in Washington, D.C. to achieve Magnet® Recognition, we have demonstrated our excellence in nursing care, innovative professional nursing practice, and nursing satisfaction.
Founded in the Jesuit principle ofcura personalis—caring for the whole person—we are committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.Our mission is what sets us apart - and makesMedStar Georgetowna special place to work.About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.","industry":"Healthcare
Apply on company website