Provides professional nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and CYAS/Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
Location: Tenleytown Clinic
Education/Training: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. B.S.N. preferred.
Experience: Two years of professional nursing experience; At least 1 year of previous outpatient experience highly desirable. Pediatric experience, highly desired.
License/Certification/Registration: Registered Nurse, licensed in the District of Columbia; CPR certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care; Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods, and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care; Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications, vaccines, treatments, and procedures in accordance with nursingstandards.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Observes, records, and reports patients condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispenses medication as directed.
- Documentation is complete, accurate, and legible.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in the collection ofsamples and tests.
- Performs patient telephone triage, assesses needs, and coordinates needs with medical staff.
- Educates patient and family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition, and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Performs quality control functions of assigned area, as directed.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures; attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested. Maintainsclinical expertise by attending in service programs.
- Exemplifies Guest and Staff Relations standards in all activities.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all inclusive.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.","industry":"Healthcare
Apply on company website