MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, DC. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
The Speech Language Pathologist provides a full range of diagnostic and rehabilitative services for patients with speech-language and/or swallowing disorders. The SLP tests, evaluates, plans, and develops appropriate therapy modalities based on the patient's individual abilities
* Provides direct speech, language, and swallowing evaluations and re-evaluations, including assessment of prior and current level of functioning, setting appropriate goals and making appropriate discharge recommendations in accordance with standards of practice. Provides direct SLP treatments according to standards of practice, including patient and family education, progression of treatment plan and implementation of appropriate therapeutic interventions.
* Collaborates with physicians, patients, family and other members of health care team relative to patient treatment and progress as well as other affiliated agencies with regard to effective discharge planning.
* Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
* Current D.C. license or qualified candidate for DC license as a Speech Language Pathologist.
* Current BLS.
* At least one year of clinical practice experience in an acute care or rehabilitation facility preferred.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.","industry":"Healthcare
Apply on company website