Milhouse Engineering and Construction is seeking candidates for it's Electrical Power Distribution Division in it's DC office. We are looking for talented Electrical Designers who possess experience with the creation of complex designs for our electric utility clients. In addition, we are looking for someone who wants an exciting opportunity to become a key player as we continue to experience exponential growth.
Join our DC team today! Responsibilities:
- Complete designs for overhead and underground electrical distribution systems (4-69kV) by preparing design drawings, specifications, material lists and calculations for approval by the project lead as well as safely perform field walk downs to document existing conditions and generate material and labor specifications
- Apply client's standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing design drawings to ensure installation and operations will comply with all specifications, codes, and client requirements
- Coordinate with internal/external stakeholders, i.e., permitting, planners, project managers, etc.
- 1+ years of experience with electrical distribution design is required
- 2 or 4 year technical degree is required
- Valid Driver's License with the ability to travel to client job sites
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, to complete projects on time and on budget
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Earth, AutoCAD, GIS Software, Pole Loading Analysis software is a plus
- Entrepreneurial environment with exposure to our empowering Executive team
- Encouraging, warm, and dynamic workplace with the opportunity to grow and develop
- Coffee, tea, breakfast and snacks provided in office
- Happy hour on Friday afternoons
- Various socials throughout the year
- Competitive pay and benefits package
Important Notice to US Applicants Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits List: · Medical · Dental · Vision · Life Insurance · Short Term Disability Insurance · 401(k) Plan · Transit Benefits Program · Paid Time Off (PTO) · Employee Education & Development Program · Paid Holidays · Employee Referral Program · Wellness Program · Employee Recognition Program · Lunch and Learns · Milhouse University Classes (Cross Functional Training) · Higher Level Professional Development/Certification support · Paid Maternity and Paternity leave (plus incentives to support you in your first year of parenthood) Apply for this job
Apply on company website