Milhouse is seeking candidates for its Electrical Power Distribution Division in its DC offices to manage the engineering process from project award through as-built submittal. The Distribution Engineer will be accountable for the supporting the project scope, quality control and deliver the finished results to upper management for our customers.
In time you would be accountable for the total project scope as you strengthen your project skills. We are looking for someone who wants an exciting opportunity to become a key player as we continue to experience exponential growth. Core Responsibilities:
- Lead and execute designs for overhead and underground electrical distribution systems (4-69kV) by preparing field notes, drawings, specifications and calculations for review and approval by a Senior Engineer as well as safely perform field walk downs to document existing conditions and generate material and labor specifications.
- Apply clients standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing design drawings as well as coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with all specifications, codes, and client requirements
- Regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and begin to build relationships with clients - with some help and guidance from your supervisor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, to complete projects on time and on budget
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited college in electrical engineering
- Accepting new graduates or those with 1 to 10 years of experience in electrical distribution design
- Knowledge of GIS, Microsoft Office, Goggle Earth, AutoCAD, TED, Pole Loading Analysis software is a plus
- Valid Driver's License with the ability to travel to client job sites
Here's a little information on Milhouse Engineering and Construction, Inc.:
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better. We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named “Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” 15 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it. Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction. For the fifteenth consecutive year, Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. has been selected as Chicago's 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For.
Important Notice to US Applicants Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits List: · Medical · Dental · Vision · Life Insurance · Short Term Disability Insurance · 401(k) Plan · Transit Benefits Program · Paid Time Off (PTO) · Employee Education & Development Program · Paid Holidays · Employee Referral Program · Wellness Program · Employee Recognition Program · Lunch and Learns · Milhouse University Classes (Cross Functional Training) · Higher Level Professional Development/Certification support · Paid Maternity and Paternity leave (plus incentives to support you in your first year of parenthood) Apply for this job
Apply on company website