Milhouse Overview:Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better.
We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named Chicagos 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For 14 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it.
Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction.
Are you looking to be part of a highly effective, multi-discipline design team?
Do you enjoy thinking outside the box and solving problems? Are you looking to leave a lasting impact on your community?
Do you have a strong sense of teamwork, the ability to work independently on assignments, and know how to prioritize duties to meet deadlines?
MilhousesAviation Teamis expanding and looking for anAssociate Civil Engineerto support new pursuits. This position is for a passionate senior engineer who wants support projects that will make a difference for decades to come. This individual should have an entrepreneurial mindset, but still effective in working in highly collaborative environments.
Perform design or project management onaviationprojects under the direct supervision of Milhouse Engineering and Construction (Milhouse) management.Typical design work includes site civil, roadways, runways/taxiways, drainage, erosion control, underground utilities, quantity take-offs and project document control.
- Design to client and regulatory requirements
- Keep Milhouse management advised of all quality and schedule variances in a timely manner
- Enforce project quality plan
- Prepare project documents, plans and reports
- Data entry into various platforms
- Prepare design calculations using appropriate tools and/or software
- Potential to mentor entry level engineers
- Assist management as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- Four year technical degree from an ABET accredited institution
- 3 to 6 years of design experience
- EIT/FE required
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and ambition
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Active memberships in discipline specific professional organizations such as ASCE
- Knowledge of codes and standards
- PE license or ability to obtain licensure quickly
- Senior Civil Engineer
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website