Excellent opportunity for a professional BIM Manager committed to excellence. In this role you will have the ability to apply your technical and leadership skills for an exciting Mega Project in downtown Chicago!The BIM Manager will manage the development BIM models for a major airport redevelopment program. This includes ensuring that projects incorporate BIM processes from the concept stage through design, construction, commissioning, and transition into maintenance and operations. Candidate will develop policies and procedures to define processes for the program.
- Provide direction and support to program designers and contractors for integration of the programs BIM policy into their work.
- Provides support to project teams by managing the resolution of BIM related issues and tasks.
- Liaison with clients BIM initiatives. This could include interfacing with other Facility and Asset Management programs.
- Work with design teams to refine the models and BIM deliverable.
- Work with Project Managers to enhance reporting through the use of BIM.
- Develop associated IT and software requirements, interoperability, etc.
- Facilitate model transition between designers and contractors, and finally to the owner.
- Develop provisions to integrate submittals, manufacturers data and as-built information into the BIM model to support the models Facilities Management capabilities.
- Monitor and guide the model advancement and utilization process through construction, reviewing the contractors' BIM model and as-built model.
- Bachelors degree in design related field or equivalent design and construction industry experience.
- 3 to 5 years' experience
- Knowledge of computer systems and the interface with BIM.
- Extensive knowledge of standard BIM practices, techniques, and procedures.
- Advanced Degree or certification in architecture, construction management, or a related field is preferable.
- Membership in related technical society preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to move throughout the office;
- The ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects;
- Good hand-eye coordination; the ability to reach with hands and arms; and arm, hand, and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp;
- Close visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate office equipment, prepare and review data and figures, and view a computer monitor;
- The ability to talk and hear;
- The ability to work in an upper level of a high-rise office building (Cotter Chicago office and some client offices);
- The ability to handle temperature changes consistent with inside environmental conditions; and
- Mental abilities including remembering, reasoning, concentrating to remain on task, reading, problem solving, managing concurrent tasks, and the ability to understand and follow directions.
For job duties that require visiting a construction work site, the following is required:
- Normal color vision;
- The ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc., using feet and legs and/or hands and arms;
- The ability to move across uneven surfaces and the ability to maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling on uneven or slippery surfaces;
- The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch;
- The ability to stand for sustained periods of time;
- The ability to work in confined spaces and narrow passageways;
- The ability to work in high places; and
- The ability to handle outside environmental conditions including extreme heat, extreme cold, loud noise levels, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, and oils.
Who We Are:Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better.
We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named Chicagos 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For 14 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it.
Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction.
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website