The Collections Specialist will have primary responsibility for the collection activities for the Milhouse group of companies as assigned and have experience in all aspects of the collections process. This role will support developing the strategic direction and management of the day to day collection activities and act as a liaison for the organization in supporting collections activities with client organizations. Additionally, this role will work closely with the project controls and project accounting groups to offer ongoing support of projects throughout the project development to project close out.
- Build relationships and cultivate those relationships with clients to collect effectively.
- Contact clients to discuss and hold them accountable to payment terms as agreed to in contracting documents.
- Track financial performance of contracts and ensure compliance with terms.
- Institute methods to resolve payment on delinquencies accounts over 90-days.
- Utilize various negotiation techniques and strategies to negotiate and collect payments and settlements on delinquent accounts.
- The ability to meet bi-weekly and monthly collection targets without fail.
- Research/Resolve Customer discrepancies Work with necessary individuals, department leaders, and the executive team to resolve customer issues for non-payment.
- Resolves client-billing problems, solves receivable delinquency whilst applying timely customer service.
- Develop and analyze data and performance metrics to reflect status of outstanding customer receivables.
- Where applicable, provide all backup to third party collection companies on accounts sent over.
- Move between a variety of systems to diagnose customer issues and initiate correcting transactions.
- Provide customers thorough, thoughtful and immediate response to inquiries regarding disputes or other billing related issues.
- Anticipate customer (internal and external) needs and foster excellent customer service.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal laws governing the debt collection industry.
- Provide client account updates for collection meetings.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- 3+ years in a Collections position (B2B is advantageous)
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Ability and willingness to make a high volume of phone calls with customers to follow up on delinquent accounts.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to customers about outstanding balances and collection efforts.
- Ability to be negotiate in order to achieve desired targets while maintaining a professional and cordial demeanor to maintain customer relationships.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent time management skills. This position requires mastery of a large amount of detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work overtime as necessary.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
- Deltek and Microsoft outlook experience is a plus
Who are we?
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better.
We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named Chicagos 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For 14 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it.
Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction.
Apply on company website