The Payroll Specialist will have primary responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and compliance of the entire payroll process for our Milhouse group of companies encompassing 200 + employees across the United States. This includes upholding payroll records in accordance with State and Federal requirements, deriving employee reporting for upper management and developing/maintaining payroll policies and procedures. The Payroll Specialist will be the point of contact for all employee inquiries and issues related to payroll. Additionally, will consult as a liaison with payroll processing for our international divisions working in partnership with the People and Culture and Finance teams for Milhouse.
- Experience in processing payroll for multiple entities on weekly and bi-weekly schedules.
- Experience in processing for a multi-state organization domestically.
- Experience with payroll processing for various bargaining units (Union).
- Process, and maintain all payroll records affecting team members pay.
- Develop a policy and monitor time record compliance with Federal, State and local regulations.
- Knowledge of current payroll regulations.
- Benefits invoice reconciliation.
- Ability to troubleshoot payroll issues and escalate when appropriate.
- Ensure direct deposit accounts are verified prior to payroll.
- Self-service Payroll transactions (approving direct deposit account changes, changes to address for W2 purposes, updated tax forms).
- Review system reports to detect/bring awareness to issues (e.g. excessive hours, unapproved time, low utilization of PTO) and takes appropriate action to ensure a compliant resolution is met.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Collaborating with team members and managers to research and resolve payroll issues.
- Assist with payroll related projects as required.
- 3- 5 years in a professional payroll specialist role supporting an employee base of 200 +
- Multi-state payroll experience
- Highly advantageous is international payroll experience
- FLSA knowledge; Permissible and non-permissible payroll deductions for exempt resources
- Experience with time keeping/reporting
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
What we offer:
- An Entrepreneurial environment with exposure to our empowering Executive team
- An encouraging, warm and dynamic workplace with the opportunity to grow and develop
- Coffee, tea, breakfast, snacks and the occasional social hour come Friday afternoon
- Beautiful city views overlooking the Lake Michigan and beyond in our brand new down town suite
Who we are:
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better.
We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named Chicagos 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For 14 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it.
Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction.
For the thirteenth consecutive year, Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. has been selected as Chicagos 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For.
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website