Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better.
We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named Chicagos 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For 14 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it.
Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction.
Performs complex design and project management on a large variety of projects acting as lead or support for prime and sub consultant work with minimal oversight by client or Milhouse Engineering management. Typical design work includes low and medium voltage power distribution systems, motor control circuits, raceway systems, fire alarm systems, underground utility plans and profiles, interior and outdoor lighting systems, cathodic protection systems, panelboard and apparatus schedules and interfacing with utility companies. Participates in the creation of standards, the management of subordinate staff design reviews and stamping of plans
- Design to client and regulatory requirements
- Manage mid to large size projects and programs
- Keep Milhouse Engineering management advised of all quality, schedule and budget variances in a timely manner
- Manage subordinate or other discipline resources to quality, schedule and budget requirements
- Shop drawing review and disposition
- Preparing project documents and reports
- Maintaining project files
- Creating and enforcing project quality plan
- Data and document entry into various platforms
- Reporting safety, health and quality issued to management
- Prepare contract amendments, change order documentation, and claims documentation
- Assist management as directed
- CAD and CADD
- Other duties as assigned
- Memberships and active participation in discipline specific professional organizations such as IEEE
- Experience with short circuit and coordination studies
- Familiarity with NFPA-70E
- Proficiency with Revit is a plus
- Certifications in LEED, Value Engineering, Energy Management or similar certifications
- Four year technical degree from an ABET accredited institution
- Professional registration
- Six years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel as well as ACAD or MicroStation
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Knowledge of CPM schedule analysis
- Familiar with discipline specific design software and design management systems
For thefourteen consecutive year, Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. has been selected as Chicagos 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For.
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website