Are you looking to be part of a highly effective, multi-discipline design team?
Do you enjoy thinking outside the box and solving problems? Are you looking to leave a lasting impact on your community?
Do you have a strong sense of teamwork, the ability to work independently on assignments, and know how to prioritize duties to meet deadlines?
MilhousesMEP Teamis expanding and looking for aSenior Mechanical Engineerto support new pursuits. This position is for a passionate senior engineer who wants to lead and support projects that will make a difference for decades to come. This individual should have an entrepreneurial mindset, but still effective in working in highly collaborative environments.
If this is you, look forward to an ideal Loop location next to all public transportation, competitive compensation, spectacular skyline and lakefront views from every window, a seemingly endless stream of healthy snacks and beverages, and best of all, you get to work with the best damn people in the business!
Summary:Performs complex design and project management on a large variety of projects acting as lead or support for prime and sub consultant work with minimal oversight by client or Milhouse Engineering management. Typical design work includes HVAC design and associated calculations, hydronic systems design and flow /pressure calculations, sizing and specifying of mechanical equipment such as boilers, pumps and chillers, plumbing systems design and selection, fire protection system design, underground utilities coordination and specification production. Participates in the creation of standards, the management of subordinate staff design reviews and stamping of plans. Position will include the management of projects, including coordination with the client and other consultants, document production, attendance at design meeting, correspondence with clients and partners and construction management (shop drawings, site observation and punch lists).
- Design to client and regulatory requirements
- Manage mid to large size projects programs
- Keep Milhouse Engineering management advised of all quality, schedule and budget variances in a timely manner
- Manage subordinate or other discipline resources to quality, schedule and budget requirements
- Shop drawing review and disposition
- Preparing project documents and reports
- Maintaining project files
- Creating and enforcing project quality plan
- Data and document entry into various platforms
- Reporting safety, health, and quality issues to management
- Prepare contract amendments, change order documentation, and claims documentation
- Assist management as directed
- Project document production
- Assist in company Marketing and Project proposals and interviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Four year technical degree from an ABET accredited institution
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Twelve (12) years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Knowledge of CPM schedule analysis
- Familiar with discipline specific design software and design management systems
- Knowledge of standard format specification development
- Knowledge of assorted vendor equipment selection programs and other software applicable to the design process
- Memberships and active participation in discipline specific professional organizations such as ASHRAE or ASPE
- LEED Accreditation
- AutoCAD, REVIT and/or MicroStation capability or familiarity
Who We Are:Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better.
We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named Chicagos 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For 14 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it.
Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction.
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website