As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will act as a key lead to team members on a day to day basis as it relates to special systems, lighting, acoustical, conveyance and MEP initiatives within a major aviation project we are successfully managing. Core oversight and project management of the Engineering design team will include Facilities, IT/Special Systems, Lighting, Acoustical and Conveyance. Additionally you will be responsible for the project management of these initiatives ensuring direct communication and feedback is delivered to the executive team and partners involved. With such critical responsibilities and project oversight the expectation is that you too have a technical edge (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing and Fire Protection) to be able to have oversight, formally validate the work of your team and offer guidance.
In turn you will be rewarded with an empowering leadership team within a growing aviation practice that has sustained over 15 years working together with top airports across the country!
Additional duties include:
- Manage subordinate or other discipline resources to quality, schedule and budget requirements
- Preparing project documents and reports
- Maintaining project files
- Creating and enforcing project quality plans
- Data and document entry into various platforms
- Prepare contract amendments, change order documentation, and claims documentation
- Assist management as directed
- Project document production
- Other duties as assigned
- Four year technical degree from an ABET accredited institution
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Ten (10) years of relevant professional experience
- Ideally you will have worked on Building Systems within Aviation, Facilities, Terminals, Building Management designs and/or Commercial Builds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Knowledge of CPM schedule analysis
- Familiar with discipline specific design software and design management systems
- Knowledge of standard format specification development
Who are we?
Milhouse Overview: Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better.
We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named Chicagos 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For 14 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it.
Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction.
For the thirteenth consecutive year, Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. has been selected as Chicagos 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For.
Apply on company website