Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better.
We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named Chicagos 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For 14 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it.
Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative
Performs complex design and project management on a large variety of projects acting as lead or support for prime and sub consultant work with minimal oversight by client or Milhouse Engineering management. Typical design work includes plumbing design. Position will include the management of projects, including coordination with the client and other consultants, document production, attendance at design meeting, correspondence with clients and partners and construction management (shop drawings, site observation and punch lists).
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Design to client and regulatory requirements.
- Development of initial Pluming and Fire Protection system concepts
- Design of Plumbing and Fire Protection systems
- Calculation of preliminary water, gas, sanitary/sewer and storm loads for utility coordination
- Develop project specifications
- Survey and evaluation of existing conditions
- Manage mid to large size projects and programs.
- Keep Milhouse Engineering management advised of all quality, schedule and budget variances in a timely manner.
- Manage subordinate or other discipline resources to quality, schedule and budget requirements.
- Shop drawing review and disposition.
- Preparing project documents and reports.
- Maintaining project files.
- Creating and enforcing project quality plan.
- Data and document entry into various platforms.
- Reporting safety, health and quality issues to management.
- Assist in company Marketing and Project proposals and interviews.
Minimal Education and Experience
- Four year technical degree from an ABET accredited institution.
- Registered Professional Engineer, CPD is a plus.
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant professional experience designing plumbing and fire protection systems
- Strong working knowledge of building, plumbing and fire codes
- AutoCAD and/or REVIT capability or familiarity. Revit is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Knowledge of CPM schedule analysis.
- Familiar with discipline specific design software and design management systems.
- Knowledge of standard format specification development.
- Knowledge of assorted vendor equipment selection programs and other software applicable to the design process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
Additional Desirable Education and Experience
- Memberships and active participation in discipline specific professional organizations such as ASHRAE or ASPE.
- LEED Accreditation.
Required After Employment Pre-Requisites Prior to Field Assignment
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification.
- First aid Training
Additional Recommended Training
- Certifications in LEED, Value Engineering, Energy Management or similar certifications.
For the thirteenth consecutive year, Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. has been selected as Chicagos 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For.
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website