Milhouse Overview: Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better.
We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named Chicagos 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For 14 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it.
Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction.
Manages Milhouse Transmission section and performs engineering design and project management work. This senior engineer is responsible for the quality, schedule and productivity of the work as well as the human, software, and other resources required to exceed client and MEC requirements. Assists in proposal development and client interfaces ranging from new business development to assisting in receivable collections. Typical design work includes distribution and transmission relocation design, gathering line/storage design, regulator station design, and all work associated with helping gas utility operators maintain and operate their systems. Participates in the creation of standards, the management of subordinate staff design reviews and stamping of plans.
If this is you, look forward to an ideal Loop location next to all public transportation, spectacular skyline and lakefront views from every window, a seemingly endless stream of healthy snacks and beverages, and best of all, you get to work with the best damn people in the business!
- Manage the quality, schedule, and budget of self and subordinate project to exceed client and Milhouse requirements
- Identify resources required to exceed client and MEC performance requirements
- Design and manage design to client and regulatory requirements
- Keep MEC management advised of all quality, schedule and budget variances in a timely manner
- Test data calculation reviews
- Prepare contract amendments, change order documentation, and claims documentation
- Develop Milhouse standards
- Prepare proposal development
- Stamp plans
- Assist management as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- Select PE continuing education requirements in deficient areas
- Four year technical degree from an ABET accredited institution
- Professional registration
- Certification in one area of expertise such as LEED or Value Engineering
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Knowledge of client required schedule analysis
- Proficient in one discipline specific design software and design management systems
- Active membership in one professional organization society
For the fourteenth consecutive year, Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. has been selected as Chicagos 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For.
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website