Milhouse is currently looking for a technical leader to oversee our Transportation Team in new and existing IDOT, CDOT, Tollway, etc. projects!
The Civil Transportation Section Manager is responsible for the quality, schedule and productivity of the work as well as the human, software and other resources required to exceed client and MEC requirements. Responsibilities
- Supervises and/or performs work involving the preparation of roadway and highway design using local (State, County or City) or AASHTO standards at both conceptual and final design levels.
- Assignment or assumption of Project Manager roles, depending on the project
- Maintaining and developing client relationships
- Manage the quality, schedule and budget of self and subordinate projects to exceed client and MEC requirements.
- Strong organization and communication skills as required to create and execute project plans, respond to client requirements in a timely fashion and recommend improvements to the operations of the Transportation Division.
- Preparation of the technical portion of proposals and working with Marketing Department
- Assuring that Quality Assurance/Quality Control is being performed on every project
- Coaching/mentoring and developing staff.
- Creating and enforcing project quality plans.
- Civil Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited institution.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience designing highway/roadway projects which includes 5 years of managing multiple design teams performing the work.
- Demonstrated experience and success working with IDOT, CDOT, Tollway, and area municipalities.
- Registration as a Professional Civil or Structural Engineer is required, Illinois PE registration preferred or the ability to become registered within 6 months of being hired. Milhouse will assist in obtaining licenses in the various other states which we operate in.
- Experience with business development and marketing of clients required.
- A thorough knowledge of MicroStation
- Preferred experience with OpenRoads, AutoTURN and other Bentley and other vendor transportation related software packages.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Membership in one professional organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial environment with exposure to our empowering Executive team
- Encouraging, warm and dynamic workplace with the opportunity to grow and develop
- Coffee, tea, breakfast and snacks provided in office
- Happy hour on Friday afternoons
- Various socials throughout the year
- Competitive pay and benefits package
Important Notice to US Applicants Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job
Apply on company website