The CTR Joint Venture provides program management, engineering and construction management services to the Chicago Department of Water Management (CDWM) in Chicago, Illinois. As part of the CTR program team supporting the CDWM Capital Improvement Program, CTR oversees inspection of water main and street restoration construction.
The primary responsibility of the Water Main Construction Inspector is to provide construction inspection services for CDWM water distribution infrastructure program. This position is responsible for daily construction inspection street restoration construction, status reporting, and contractor-owner coordination. The Construction Inspector will be the central point of communication between CDWM, CTR and construction contractor staff with regard to resolution of technical issues related to construction of related facilities. Since a significant portion of the position involves communication with internal and external team members and stakeholders, strong written and verbal communication skills are critical to success. Additionally, the position requires a high level of ability to develo and maintain documentation related to field conditions and construction contractor activities. Responsibilities
- Support pre-construction and construction activities through meetings, communications, engineering review, etc., to best enable success of the project to all stakeholders.
- Observation, inspection, and documentation of underground utility construction and/or street restoration as an Owner's representative .
- Ensure compliance with design plans, specifications and permit requirements.
- Prepare construction progress documentation, maintain accurate quantity records, process payment requests, generate punch lists, and certify completion status.
- Accurately document site activities by maintaining construction field books, construction reports, and as-built records.
- Create and track work orders for each project in the CDWM program database.
- Enforce conformance to applicable CDWM policies and standards for assigned construction projects..
- Assist with project status tracking.
- Provide timely consideration and response to questions and issues raised by office/field CTR team members, CDWM, other City agencies, design professionals, contractors, and developers.
- Evaluate and support timely resolution of project technical conflicts, during construction.
- Confirm installation of materials to match approved submittals/shop drawings.
- Prepare field documentation related to “as-built” construction for record.
- Coordinate with City personnel for water quality testing.
- Advocate for site safety and interface with City officials, citizens and CDWM staff.
- Required A.S., A.A. or B.S. Construction Management or B.S. Civil Engineering.
- Preferred Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification or Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Required minimum five years of experience (more preferred) in water/wastewater or transportation engineering/construction, and/or general civil engineering/construction for public infrastructure design and construction.
- Preferred engineering or construction experience with utility infrastructure work.
- Construction experience with utility infrastructure work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Required proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Required ability to commute to/from multiple work sites.
Important Notice to US Applicants Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job
Apply on company website