Mission Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for RN position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
Mission Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Mission Hospital!Job Summary and Qualifications:
Collaborate, consult and supervise the management of complex wound, ostomy and continence needs of patients across multiple clinical specialties. Demonstrates clinical expertise through the integration of advanced skills, knowledge and competencies in a self governing practice Plans, implements, evaluates, delegates and supervises ongoing professional nursing care for assigned patients. Supports families and caregivers' educational, physical and emotional needs across the continuum of care to reduce unanticipated and unexpected outcomes. Provides for staff development and education to all levels of health care providers including outside nursing education programs. Uses research to transform practice and facilitate change within the organization to enhance quality, cost-effectiveness and efficiency. Conducts surveillance for hospital acquired pressure ulcers and facilitates interventions to reduce nosocomial ulcer development and generate positive patient outcomes. Is responsible for product review in area of expertise and maintains records and statistics reflecting role performance in both agency wide and departmental committees and projects. Upholds professional standards of nursing practice as determined by the NCBON and the WOCN Society. Exemplifies the Mission and Vision for Mission Hospital and the Department of Nursing.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN) must be obtained within 2 years of employment start date
- Registered Nurse License
- Bachelors Degree
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, is Mission Health's flagship hospital and is licensed for 763 beds. Business North Carolina ranked Mission Hospital the No. 1 “Best Hospital” in North Carolina for 2017 and 2018, and Mission Hospital ranked among the top 1% of “Best Hospitals” nationally in 2016 by Healthgrades. We are the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care and the region's only Level II trauma center. Mission Hospital also includes Mission Children's Hospital – the region's only children's hospital – providing 30 pediatric sub-specialists. We're the busiest surgical hospital west of Raleigh, North Carolina, and the second-busiest in the state. Mission Hospital provides the only open heart and interventional cardiology in the region, and is the only Cyberknife provider west of Raleigh.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website