Information About this Position
Company and Job Overview
Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St. Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical services, including heart care, cancer, women and infants, breast health, gastrointestinal, orthopedic, stroke, therapy, wound and pain management services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult emergency department and cares for pediatric patients at a separate emergency department in collaboration with St. Louis Children's Hospital.
Missouri Baptist is the first and only hospital in St. Louis County to be named a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious designation is the highest credential a health care organization can receive for nursing excellence and quality patient care. This recognition has been accomplished by less than nine percent of hospitals nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked the hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area.
Plans, coordinates, and oversees the medical affairs of a hospital(s) to ensure the quality and effectiveness of clinical care. Works to align medical staff goals with those of the system. Ensures medical staff comply with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides physician leadership and takes responsibility to improve quality of patient care provided by the medical staff. Holds medical staff accountable for behavioral and performance standards and expectations. Includes medical staff in discussions of industry trends and works to align the medical staff with the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Priorities of the hospital.
- Works collaboratively with the BJC Center of Clinical Excellence, administrative leadership, and medical staff leadership to achieve objectives Creates an environment of trust and openness by seeking regular feedback and input. Proactively addresses conflict and process disconnects to identify causes and assists in finding solutions to problems. Advocates for medical staff needs.
- Oversees administration and management of various programs and initiatives. Assists in implementing and evaluating programs and initiatives designed to meet hospital and department objectives and goals.
- Sponsors and implements initiatives to achieve perpetual readiness with The Joint Commission standards and consistency in all aspects of the hospital and department's compliance with regulatory standards.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned.
- 10+ years of experience
- 10+ years of supervisor experience
- Doctorate of Medicine
- Physician/DO license
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website