Information About this Position
- Benefits Eligible
- Up to $1000 Sign-On Bonus
Company and Job Overview
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital is a designated critical access hospital committed to providing quality health care service to residents in Crawford, Franklin and Washington counties.
The hospital has enhanced and expanded the health care services available to the greater Sullivan community with its state-of-the-art emergency department, modern childbirth center, critical care unit, multiroom surgical suite, expanded cardiac rehab services, and a cancer center. A 22,500 square-foot medical office building provides offices for primary care physicians as well as space for a variety of visiting medical and surgical specialists from the St. Louis area.
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital operates four rural health clinics providing quality health care to surrounding communities. In addition, the hospital operates a comprehensive Therapy and Rehabilitation department and an award-winning Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric chambers.
Perform specimen collection, specimen handling and clerical duties. Experienced in phlebotomy and proficient in performing additional tasks such as central processing duties, in-office phlebotomy, or inventory management.
- Interpret physician orders and order tests in appropriate system.
- Perform phlebotomy, positive patient identification, and positive patient interaction, proper collection and specimen integrity. May work in outpatient lab, in physician office, or off campus patient service center.
- Sort and process specimens received by the laboratory and proficiently handle all specimens received in the lab.
- Coordinates a simultaneous series of tasks accurately, including STAT orders and fluctuation in workload, prioritizing work to complete within scheduled hours and established turnaround times.
- May perform registration, inventory maintenance, and other duties as assigned.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- <2 years of experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years of experience
- <2 years of supervisor experience
- Phlebotomy Certification
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website