Information About this Position
- Up to $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
- 36 Hours per Week
- 12 Hour Shifts (Days)
- Benefits Eligible
Company and Job Overview
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital is a designated critical access hospital committed to providing quality health care service to residents in Crawford, Franklin and Washington counties.
The hospital has enhanced and expanded the health care services available to the greater Sullivan community with its state-of-the-art emergency department, modern childbirth center, critical care unit, multiroom surgical suite, expanded cardiac rehab services, and a cancer center. A 22,500 square-foot medical office building provides offices for primary care physicians as well as space for a variety of visiting medical and surgical specialists from the St. Louis area.
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital operates four rural health clinics providing quality health care to surrounding communities. In addition, the hospital operates a comprehensive Therapy and Rehabilitation department and an award-winning Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric chambers.
The Registered Diagnostic Sonographer performs ultrasound procedures, including but not limited to abdominal, small parts, and obstetrical, to adult and pediatric patients for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders, and assist with needle procedures (i.e., biopsies, drainages, needle placements, etc.). May also perform vascular procedures.
- Performs ultrasound imaging examinations.
- Performs studies independently in the Operating Room and or portable exams as required by the work area.
- Maintains equipment and supplies.
- Ensures proper documentation of procedures.
- Collaborates with Radiologist and medical staff for diagnosis.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) or equivalent
- Associate's Degree in Sonography
- <2 years of experience
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or equivalent
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website