The Transporter will assists nursing staff by locating equipment, placing patients into vehicles obtaining charts, transporting specimens to lab and stat. Transports patients throughout hospital campus via wheelchairs and gurneys. Assists in delivery systems throughout the Hospital in the support of overall productivity and efficiency goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists nursing staff by transporting patients, locating equipment, obtaining charts and/or other information as required.
- Transports patients throughout the hospital campus by wheelchair and/or gurney and specimens to lab in a timely and safe manner.
- Demonstrates safe practices when transporting patients and assures safe delivery of equipment, charts, specimens, etc.
- Operates equipment and performs all assigned work in a safe manner.
- Demonstrates the correct application of the principles of infection control
- Maintains work load logs and records and communicates clearly and accurately
- Maintains gurneys and wheelchairs in working order and documents repairs
- Gathers data for and calls in daily productivity reports; prepares and turns in biweekly report.
- Turns in all required paperwork/documentation on a daily or as scheduled basis.
- Advises Department Director of departmental needs and/or problems and assists with departmental management as needed or requested.
- Assists Support Services staff as requested during time or slower periods.
- Adheres to established hospital/departmental policies and procedures, objectives, Quality Assessment and Improvement Program, legal, safely, environmental, infection control standards and patient's bill of rights.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information pertaining to patients and health care team activities.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and professional behavior in all contracts with public, staff, health care team workers, physicians, patients and patient families.
- Collaborates with supervisor to identify own career and educational needs. Attends all required Courses/classes as directed.
- In times of emergency or crisis, helps nursing and other staff as needed or directed.
- Deliver oxygen to all departments
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum one year previous experience as a Transporter, or experience with transporting patients, preferably in an acute care setting. Internal candidates with one year experience as Environmental Aide experience will also be considered.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) within 90 days of hire or notification requirement.
Apply on company website