MODELL'S SPORTING GOODS is the nation's largest family-owned sporting goods retail chain, operating stores throughout the Northeastern United States, from New England to Northern Virginia. Modell's offers value and quality customer service together with a wide variety of sporting goods, athletic and active apparel and footwear for the entire family. Founded in 1889, we continue to grow each year through the belief that our associates and customers are our number one asset. We are committed to proving this by Listening, Respecting and Responding to the needs of our associates as well as the needs of our customers.
• Oversee retail store operations, visual merchandising standards and customer service.
• Monitor profit and loss, payroll, and statistical selling reports to drive business.
• Recruit, hire and train sales associates and department managers.
• Daily communication with District Manager and Corporate Office on store related needs.
• Responsible for inventory control and shrink reduction.
• Execution of grass roots marketing initiatives to attract new business.
• Drive customer loyalty program to maximize store bottom line profit.
• Execute all Human Resources, Loss Prevention and Store Operations policies and procedures.
• 3+ years retail management experience.
• Outstanding customer service, communication, written and interpersonal skills.
• Strong selling, leadership and associate development skills.
• Solid planning and organization skills and an ability to execute at a high level.
• Experience in merchandising (softlines and hardgoods).
• Ability to analyze and interpret detailed sales reports and statistical data.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• College degree or some college coursework preferred.
Modell's Sporting Goods is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Apply on company website