Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It's time for you to Make It with Mondelēz International.
In Research, Development & Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you'll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RD&Q is where you'll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
The candidate will be responsible for the process development, optimization, and commercialization of new snack products related to the Biscuit category. This position allows the candidate to develop and drive growth opportunities within the Innovation group. This position will have the opportunity to work on multiple brands and build strong relationships across R&D, with suppliers, Co-manufacturers, Marketing, Research, etc.
The Candidate will be responsible for leading or supporting designing, planning and execution of experiments for bench top, pilot plant and plant trials. They must also develop and manage project plans and timelines insuring that projects are delivered on time. Candidates should possess strong technical and project management skills, and effective communication skills.
The Candidate must be able to assess testing plans, gather and analyze data, and make recommendations based on findings. While the candidate will be a member of a new products team, they will need to be able to lead their assigned projects and collaborate with cross functional team members.
Preferable the candidate has some experience in ingredient functionality, formulation, and commercialization. The individual must be able to write detailed process specifications and project reports and is able to support Quality and Manufacturing needs as it relates to their projects.
Candidates with a minimum of 1-3 years process development experience is required, preferably in the food industry.
- Support development and execution of growth, brand value, quality improvement launches from bench prototyping to commercialization of assigned project(s)
- Assist in pipeline scoping and technical assessment of future innovation projects & ideas
- Develop, update and maintain process specification of assigned projects
- Support process optimization and quality improvement initiatives at manufacturing plants.
Internal and external contacts:
- Research technical experts, suppliers, RDQ partners, and Business cross functional partners including Marketing, Sales, PCM, Procurement, Manufacturing, Consumer Science, CIS, Graphics partners.
- Product development
- Process Development
- Marketing Brand and Platform leads
- Biscuit Operations, Business Unit Lead
- Packaging Group leaders and Packaging counterparts
- Sensory & Consumer science group
- Corporate and Field Quality
- Biscuit Research
- BS or MS in chemical engineering, food engineering, or similar discipline
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functions
- Good written and oral communication skills; able to effectively communicate with the stakeholders.
- Ability to influence others and get results through working with a diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects
- Personal leadership, time management and problem-solving competencies
- Travel up to 40%
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Apply on company website