What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people's faces. We're the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Purpose of the Role
Mondelez International is committed to meeting or exceeding all applicable Safety and Environmental regulations and developing and maintaining a World Class Safety culture to achieve an accident free work environment.
The position of Health and Safety Specialist oversees the implementation of Company Environmental and Safety Management Systems, as well as the approach for how the Company's Management systems will be executed within the Chirk manufacturing facility.
This position will provide leadership and administration to the overall Environment, Health and Safety program across the Chirk site and actively drive the implementation and monitoring of progress against a site plan and corresponding objectives.
- Responsible for coordinating of all Environment, Health & Safety programs and processes.
- Participates in investigations to facilitate closure of identified non-conformances.
- Provides Health & Safety expertise for the plant for all new projects and change management activities.
- Follows up on non-conformances and develops the systems to resolve them based on root cause analysis.
- Understands relevant technical requirements in Environment, Health & Safety and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, and Company Policies.
- Ensures appropriate risk assessments are conducted and follow up actions implemented to minimize, or eliminate, accidents or asset losses that might cause harm to one of the company's employees, contractors, visitors and the environment.
- Facilitates implementation of corrective and preventative actions where required for EHS.
- Ensures the facility standards are in compliance with both Company and governmental/community regulations.
- Ensures training and coaching are taking place to drive a safety-perfect culture and to ensure Health & Safety standards and awareness are well understood throughout the plant organization.
- Ensures that Contractors permanently based on site have robust Environment, Health and Safety procedures and systems developed in line with Mondelez expectations.
- Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; lead ethically and model compliant behaviour; maintain an environment where employees can speak up without fear of retaliation; ensure employees in area of responsibility understand the compliance responsibilities of their jobs and actively participate in the compliance program.
- Qualification in Health & Safety management systems.
- Demonstrating good process management and good pragmatic business application of systems and functional principles and standards.
- Experience of working within a Health and Safety role within a manufacturing environment
- Good ability to build relationships across the business and also within local industry.
- Strong communication, training and presentation skills.
- Experience as a Health & Safety practitioner.
- Good standards of written and spoken English.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Environment or Safety.
- Training and qualification in auditing on ISO 14001 and 18001 standards.
- Qualification in applicable local Health & Safety legal compliance.
- Technical functional excellence in Health & Safety and demonstrated thought leadership.
- Project management skills, particularly utilizing outside engineering resources.
- Demonstrated ability to build functional and business teams and create motivational environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop passion, understanding and capability for functional agenda in key reports and others in business
- Strong change management skills.
- Previous experience in working in a Management role will certainly be an advantage.
- Experience in Supervising or Managing people.
- Appropriate auditing experience of Health & Safety systems.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Apply on company website