What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people's faces. We're the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Purpose of Role:
Reporting into the Distribution Services & Network Manager, the primary focus of the role is to manage the Central Logistics Operational Team and its activities – ‘Transport Planning and Network Deployment', while being a point of escalation for multiple network stakeholders and 3PLs. A strong focus on Customer Service and Continuous Improvement is required to support the UK Logistics Service Level of ≥ 98.5%.
The role holder will be accountable for the daily Logistics Service Investigations. This includes in depth understanding and ability to explain to senior managers, both Log Ops accountable errors and route cause, along with recommending and implementing corrective actions. The individual will need to role model the continuous improvement culture of route cause analysis and ensure any issues are resolved with a permanent fix, and identify any opportunities to ensure efficient running of network operations.
It is also expected that the role holder will multi-skill, and be able to successfully support and provide managerial, administrative and/or operational cover for other members of the wider Logistics team [Line Manager, Admin, Inventory & Direct Reports] including the management and cover of direct reports annual leave, ensuring comprehensive operational cover is provided 7-days per week.
Some weekend working may be required on an Adhoc basis.
- Lead the Central logistics operational Team, responsible for Transport and Secondary Network Deployment. Planning tasks, ensuring that all activities are audit compliant, are completed daily and ensuring that the network operates effectively with a focus on spend and service.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful planning and delivery of over 85,000 customer orders annually.
- Establish, build and develop a collaborative relationship with multiple network stakeholders (CS/OF/Demand/HUB/LCC/3PLS).
- Use business tools and order forecast to understand capacity breeches over the coming 72hrs, and act accordingly. Making best for business decisions considering spend & service, to smooth the network.
- Facilitate and host the daily Network Review, encouraging open dialog and driving clear actions to stakeholders, ensuring resolutions.
- Role model the continuous improvement culture of route cause analysis and ensure any issues are resolved with a permanent fix, identify any opportunities to ensure efficient running of network operations.
- Lead, supervise and support the team members responsible for deployment & stock balancing throughout the UK Network,
ensuring accuracy and audit compliance with all processes/tasks.
- Accountable for the DRP (Distribution Requirement Planning) transport budget and associated KPIs, closely. Ensuring stock deployment is implemented in line with business requirements and any overspend is not only tracked but full rationale behind the spend is logged.
- Although not directly responsible for total network spend, work in collaboration with the Distribution Services & Network Manager
and Inventory Specialist to ensure that best cost is achieved and the operation is delivered within budget (SLTs/ROEs/DRPs/Redirections).
- Accountable for the out of ‘ROE' and ‘Spot' transport tender processes, ensuring best for business decisions based on least cost/highest service outcomes.
- Represent UK Logistics Operations in local ‘Daily Service Meetings', describing RCA for Log Ops accountable errors and recommend
and drive the implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure comprehensive 7 day per week, operational cover for the core Central Logistics Department, and provide annual leave cover
and supervision, where required, for the wider team responsibilities and direct reports.
- Subject Matter Expert for the Business Transport Management System. Accountable for master data and maintenance of mapping
tables, flat transport order files, event logs and any technical issues or queries.
- Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or
compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct
- SAP Order process
- Previous Experience in a FMCG environment ideally with some time spent ‘front line' operations e.g. Logistics Operations, Customer Service, Planning, AR functions.
- Understanding of DRP (Distribution Requirement Planning)
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions, also to have a sound technical knowledge
- Management, motivation and leadership
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude, attention to detail
- To be able to organise own workload and time and deliver high standards, must be able to work to deadlines and set own priorities
- Conflict management: personal maturity and tact to deal with issues and conflicting insights
- Communication and Presentation skills, strong ability to influence business
- Composure: Able to deal with ambiguity and perform under time-pressure, good organising skills
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Apply on company website