Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It's time for you to Make It with Mondelēz International.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Under the direction of the Business Unit Manager, and working closely with other Managers and Supervisory staff, the Line Leader has overall accountability for the performance their line(s) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They ensure high quality product is produced, on-time and at required cost. The Line Leader is responsible for labour efficiencies, coordination of product trials and production schedule changes and compliance of line employees with regards to GMP's and Health & Safety regulations.
Primary Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Direct activities on the line to meet overall performance objectives for:
- Safety (TIR, STOP)
- Quality (RFT, CCPM)
- Cost (GE, Labor, Raw, Pack)
- Delivery (CTS, Attainment)
- Manage the staffing process to ensure colleagues are trained and have the necessary skills to perform all required duties, safely and effectively.
- Provide proactive Safety leadership for the line(s), ensuring STOP observations and accident and incident reports are completed. Review findings and identify root causes & ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Deliver quality product that is in-specification and right first time. Ensure all quality parameter checks are done correctly, on-time and recorded in the Quality Suite database. Audit the Line Leader process audit system.
- Initiate and drive root cause identification activities and implement corrective action and preventative action plans for line losses.
- Promote and maintain good employee relations on the line, both personally and through the Line Leader team. Lead the Line Leader team, providing coaching and counselling in conjunction with regular reviews and training, to maintain a high morale on the line.
- Lead the line Technical Support Team to ensure each process and equipment on the line has a centerline and Standard Operating Procedures are identified.
- Work with the Maintenance Planner and Site Scheduler to ensure delivery commitments are achieved. Ensure trials, changeovers and maintenance work is planned and completed on time and does not conflict with production schedule attainment. Investigate problems resulting in attainment misses and implement corrective actions.
- Monitor line performance and ensure output, labor and material yield standards are achieved. Maintain a critical work plan for the line, to systematically address problems and implement improvements to achieve year-over-year cost reduction.
- Ensure labor standards are met and consistently applied by all shifts on the line.
- Ensure Product and Performance data is available and accurate at all times. Prepare KPIs and reports for use at the Daily Management System meetings, and to communicate performance to the Site Leadership team and Line teams.
- Direct the Maintenance Planner and Line Maintenance team to ensure that work orders and “green tags” are prioritized and executed to deliver sustained or improved line performance.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 Years of Manufacturing Experience.
- Supervisory or management experience
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, SAP, LMS) systems preferred.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Excellent Time Management Skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management Skills.
- Able to successfully coordinate with other functions to ensure project success.
- Available to work flexible hours and days as needed to meet business demands.
- Basic knowledge of Industrial Maintenance and manufacturing equipment.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Possess a basic Financial Understanding to ensure results are delivered.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills.
- Able to differentiate types of problems to ensure proper maintenance support.
- Has familiarity with manufacturing equipment.
- TPM and lean manufacturing experience.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Apply on company website