Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Section Manager Moulding and Packing (m/f/d)
Purpose of Role:
Ensures the entire moulding and packaging steps within the Chocolate Making in accordance with principles of CI and Lean Manufacturing culture and the KPIs set by Manufacturing Manager. Efficiently uses resources (materials, equipment, employees) to provide a high quality conversion process while fullfilling safety standards.This role includes full responsibility for Autonomous Maintenance on mechanical equipment.
Lead and motivate the production team to achieve current and future goals in line with the agreed strategy.
- Ensure the most cost-effective production process according to the plans defined by the Manufacturing Manager, while meeting the production schedule with best quality at lowest possible costs in order to achieve maximum customer satisfaction. Ensure that the respective area achieves and/or exceeds line productivity and efficiency targets. Responsible for overall lines' efficiency, yield, rework, scrap, line staffing and production volume.
- Ensure that all products produced are complying with MDLZ product specifications. Ensure that all quality (e.g., Hazard Analytical Critical Control Points (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)) and safety regulations are in place, monitored and followed by corrective actions. Support Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) programs and reinforce safe behavior of production team members. Act as safety leader in that Area.
- Challenge and implement productivity and CI projects in the Area. Manage interfaces with Business Development and RD&Q for new products, new processes, product promotions, de-complexity projects, etc.
- Manage Section Leadership Team and ensure people development and guidance. Manage interfaces with other functions (e.g. Mass Area, Preventive Maintenance, Quality, HSE, Productivity, Business Development & Engineering, etc.) and suppliers. Bear overall responsibility for establishing team culture by providing clear understanding of the requirements for the CI and Lean Manufacturing culture (e.g., organization, Total Preventive Maintenance (TPM), behaviors, attitude and culture).
- Responsible for conversion cost budgeting, adherence to budget figures approved by MEU, and tracking and reporting to MEU of deviations. Responsible for tracking conversion process-relevant KPIs and establishing capacity and manning requirements as the basis for production planning and conversion costs. Support Plant Controller (Service Company) in preparation of capital approval requests and new product cost estimates. Responsible for correct collection and registration of cost and line shift performance data.
- Produce according to production plan in line with conversion costs, loss rate and recipes developed and approved by MEU and Production Company KPIs. Ensure increase or decrease of production output by labor planning (e.g., usage of temporary workers, seasonal staff, vacation planning) and assure contingency plans if needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment on principles of TPM and keeping, respectively reducing the budgeted maintenance cost.
- Consider 'Run to Specification', especially on particle size and fat, as one key element for consumer satisfaction and feel resposible for it. Support the regional and global initiatives/projects to become a success.
- Responsible for 'Safety on line' within the Section- general Safety Standards and rules, prepared and transferred by central HSE team, needs to be adapted and implemented on line. Implementing 'living safety culture' within the teams.
- University degree in Manufacturing/Engineering or comparable background preferred
- Minimum 5 years working experience in Food Manufacturing environment
- Strong people management and communication skills
- Good knowledge of manufacturing and lean processes
At Mondelēz International we are stronger through being diverse, inclusive and connected and we encourage applications from across the globe. In return for your passion and leadership, we not only offer you an attractive compensation & benefits package, but also provide unique experiences to give you room to grow every day and do what is right in an environment that blends work with your life.
Apply on company website