What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people's faces. We're the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Sheffield is home to some of the UK's most iconic sweets brands: Maynards, Trebor and Bassett's. It's the largest sugar confectionery plant in the Mondelēz International network across Europe and produces approx 40,000 tonnes of sweets each year.
Purpose of Role
We are looking for a Project Engineer, to manage key Mechanical Projects, as well as manage our Site Facilities Engineering, as well as our Site Facilities Management partner – CBRE. A key part of this role will meet safety standards, operational efficiencies in the manufacture of the full product portfolio to the required standard of quality, environmental, volume and cost. This role will be a key part of the continuing development of the Engineering agenda, providing technical and personal leadership across the whole of the site.
- Lead the Effluent project from detailed design through construction/installation to CQV, working closely with site SSE, quality & manufacturing teams. Ensure project is delivered safely, on time, within budget and meets world class Engineering standards
- Provide capital, technical and project engineering leadership to various infrastructure and NPD programs, collaborating with multi-functional teams
- Strongly collaborate with manufacturing teams, right from project onset, to design IL6S into the project development and religiously follow through
- Ensure that the projects meet and exceed the best in class engineering standards within Mondelez and wider industry
- Support factory's lean manufacturing agenda through zero loss initiatives delivery
- Be an active member of IIM pillar, perfecting IIM methodologies and making it a way of life
- Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; lead ethically and model compliant behaviour; maintain an environment where employees can speak up without fear of retaliation; ensure employees in area of responsibility understand the compliance responsibilities of their jobs and actively participate in the compliance program
- Full responsibility for the Site Facilities Engineering – including management of CBRE – our on sight FM partner
- Develop a Best Practice Maintenance Framework which delivers improvement in 3 Over-arching Metrics (People, Processes and Plant)
- Create a Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) culture through establishment of Planned Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance and Pro-Active Maintenance techniques
- Monitoring and review of PM information, to drive continuous improvement of Global Efficiency
- Develop CAPEX strategies and Revenue strategies for essential replacement to best utilise financial resources in collaboration with the Capex Manager
- Plan, organise and execute Maintenance activities within defined Budget limits,
- Identify and support Productivity initiatives to achieve savings, by working with Procurement, Operations and Suppliers,
- Coach and inspire Budget holders to create ideas and practices to deliver ‘more for less'
Continuous Improvement of Maintenance activities and Project Execution
- Develop new strategies to drive Continuous Improvement against Key Operational metrics.
- Inspire and engage operators, technicians and managers in TPM techniques and Lean manufacturing processes.
- Utilise Six Sigma methodology to drive RCA and uptime improvement.
- Development of Visual Systems to engage teams and communicate progress of PM pillar work.
- Coordinate and direct projects, analyse technology, resource requirement, and business demand, to plan and deliver complex projects, on-time and within budget.
- Work as part of the site leadership team to develop the site's forward investment strategy.
Ensure Compliance in QHSE practices
- Ensure compliance to QHSE policies and standards.
- Utilise H&S strategies to improve Risk reduction measures across maintenance and equipment practices.
- Improve Quality Procedure compliance and practices to meet HACCP requirements.
Resource Planning and Utilisation
- Create PM and Reactive monitoring processes.
- Coach and manage compliance to Proactive/Reactive work schedules.
- Drive continuous improvement and the spreading of Best Practice, to deliver time and quality improvements in maintenance execution.
- Manage critical spares, inventory control and inbound/outbound, to deliver uptime improvement.
- Liaise and work with the Engineering lead, to ensure legal compliance and cost reduction.
- Co-ordinate financial phasing to deliver procurement advantages.
Education & Experiences
- A degree or equivalent in an engineering or similar discipline, preferably with chartered engineer status.
- Experience in manufacturing industry – preferably FMCG or process environment the majority of which should be in a maintenance / supervisory role.
- Outstanding knowledge of technical and financial affairs.
- Excellent knowledge of engineering health and Safety and legislation.
- Strong leader with proven interpersonal and motivational skills at all levels.
- Financial controls such as capital budget management, estimating and forecasting.
- Ability to analyse problems strategically and propose solutions.
- Analytical and conceptual skills, technical judgement and design knowledge.
- Effective decision making and delegating skills.
- Positive outlook to achieving results and overcoming challenges.
- Demonstrate high levels of self-motivation, initiative and commitment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to multi -skill and to respond well in high pressure environment.
- Accept high level of responsibility.
- Effective presentation skills at all levels, preferred.
- Experience in managing people.
- Considerable engineering experience - with a strong mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Experience in Facilities Management.
- Experience of planning for and working with modern production equipment.
- Experience in maintenance planning
- Experience in engineering project management within the food industry.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Apply on company website