Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It's time for you to Make It with Mondelēz International.
This position provides Senior Technician leadership within the Biscuit R&D Process Platform team based in East Hanover, NJ. The role is responsible for identifying and developing state of the art Advanced Process Control strategies and AI/Machine Learning technologies for Biscuit manufacturing lines, aligned with Mondelez Digital Transformation Strategy. The role will provide key input to IBS strategy team to ensure process control systems are aligned with simultaneously delivering product Quality, Productivity, Sustainability, and autonomus/predictive maintenance objectives. Coordinates R&D activities between disciplines including analytical, modelling & simulation/data science, and enterprise engineering functions. Resource will identify strategic opportunities, create Technically insulated, Competitively advantaged process systems, deliver improved process capabilty for consumer based Taste, Texture, and Appearance features, enable line automation, and leverage operational data/plant historian systems in support of real time enterprise management. This role will identify, develop, and work with internal/external subject matter experts to ensure, proprietary, technically superior, approaches are applied, and embeded, into a framework that complements R&D and Engineering requirements in support of our global $11B biscuit business.
- Develop and Lead Biscuit Advanced Process Control research program and build links with cross functional partners to develop APC strategies, technical deliverables connected to digital transformation strategies and appropriate business goals. Participate in and represent Mondelez at selected Academic and Industry scientific conferences. - 50%
- Works Independently and collaboratively with leadership to adapt and build on overall Mondelez digital strategy for biscuit category needs and leverage internal and external subject matter experts to focus on solving highest priority work tracks. - 15%
- Develops technical capability and coaches' colleagues within the process community by providing assistance in developing research plans, demonstrating executional excellence and development of scientist/engineers creating a high performance community of APC experts for MDLZ. - 15%
- Exemplifies a standard of technical rigor within the biscuit process community through framework of Mondelez Process Development
- Excellence, demonstrating good technology skills and building internal technical network. Direct activities, leverage capability and resources from multiple functions (e.g. plant, engineering, external suppliers, other sites, etc.) to execute research and develop plans.
- Facilitates technical exchange to ensure a robust execution of initiatives that will continue to elevate the team and Mdlz technical know-how. - 10%
- Manages relationships at project level with RDQI and ISC and technical leaders. Presents status and recommendations to senior leaders in RDQI and ISC. - 10%
- BS/MS/Ph.D in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 15 yrs. experience in process systems engineering and control systems development/application within consumer-packaged goods process industry is required.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience in c
- ontrol system theory/design, leadership role in external technical associations/societies and demonstrated development/application of APC systems to deliver significantly improved product quality, process capability and efficiency in a production environment.
- Experience building and directing expert teams and leveraging external partners to develop and apply APC systems with proven results. Successful partnering with Integrated Supply Chain
- Engineers will be required to ensure development and application of these hi-tech tools to improve line design, quality, and efficiency.
- This candidate must have demonstrated leadership in fostering and building technical expertise within their organization.
- Travel is up to 35%.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Apply on company website