Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It's time for you to Make It with Mondelēz International.
For more information, please visit: http://www.mondelezinternational.com/ and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational.
In Accounting & External Reporting we are a team of experts dedicated to ensuring absolute integrity and accuracy of our financial data and reporting, delivering results with speed and data that enables insights for Enterprise Value Creation.
The Senior Analyst Accounting & External Reporting, NA will have supporting and collaboration responsibility for the Balance Sheet accounts and Financial Statements of the Mondelēz North America business. This person will be the main point of contact with Information Business Services (IBS) partners for certain specific activities. Ensuring the validity of the NA Region Balance Sheet accounts is one of the key accountabilities.
The role includes improving processes in these areas as well as ensuring monthly, quarterly and annual activities are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
This person will provide Accounting support through review and validation of material transactions and processes to increase the accuracy of our financial statements. This person will also identify opportunities to drive process improvements, while working in a team environment and interacting with multiple functions across the organization.
- Ensures US GAAP and company policies are adhered to for all transactions.
- Improves quality of NA region Balance Sheet reconciliations. Reviews all account reconciliations assigned to him/her including the resolution of issues.
- Liaison between Information Business Services business partners and NA business (i.e. Genpact for general, manufacturing, marketing and IC accounting; Accenture for accounts payable and Goods Received / Invoice Received - GRIR).
- Identifies areas for accounting process improvements and proactively drives projects into completion with some / minimal level of supervision from the manager.
- Works to ensure standardization of processes and adoption of "best practices" across locations.
- Supports monthly and annual SOX / External Audit requirements for accounting processes, at request.
- Supports Internal Audit and Internal controls team and BU/HQ management with ad hoc accounting information and analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required, CPA preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in Finance / Controls with experience in Accounting
- Demonstrated background in Financial statement analysis
- Internal / External Audit experience is desired
- Experience in an Audit firm preferred
- Experience in US GAAP is required
- Experience with financial systems and strong Excel skills
- SAP experience is a plus
- Background in Blackline is a plus
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal customers, peers and effectively managing those relationships
- Demonstrated experience in process management and process improvement
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Apply on company website