Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It's time for you to Make It with Mondelēz International.
In Research, Development & Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you'll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RD&Q is where you'll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
This position is for a process developer with a minimum of 4 years of experience, will be supporting the NA Region Biscuit Product and Process Development. Projects will focus on Core process optimization, and quality improvement and product alternative line qualification. The candidate will be responsible for the optimization and commercialization of snack products related to the Biscuit category. This position allows the candidate to develop and drive growth opportunities within the Supply Chain Reinvention group. This position will have the opportunity to work on multiple brands across and build strong relationships across R&D, with suppliers, Co-manufacturers, the Business, Research, etc.
- The Candidate will be responsible for designing, planning and execution of trials for pilot plant and plant. They must also develop and manage project plans and timelines ensuring that projects are delivered on time. Candidates should possess strong technical and project management skills, and effective communication skills.
- The Candidate must be able to assess testing plans, gather and analyze data and make recommendations based on findings. While the candidate will be a member of a new products team, they will need to be able to lead their assigned projects and collaborate with cross functional team members.
- Lead execution of brand value, quality improvement launches from Pilot plant assessment to commercialization and lead alternative line qualifications, ensuring trial readiness (70%)
- Develop, update and maintain process/ product specification of assigned projects (20%)
- Engage with research technical experts, suppliers, RDQ partners, and Business cross functional partners including Marketing, Sales, PCM, Procurement, Manufacturing, Consumer Science, CIS, Graphics partners.
Key stakeholders includes
- Product development
- Marketing Brand and Platform leads
- Biscuit Operations, Business Unit Lead
- Packaging Group leaders and Packaging counterparts
- Sensory & Consumer science group
- Corporate and Field Quality
- Biscuit Research
- US Brand Value, Canada, and Global Partners
- Bachelor's degree (4 yr) majoring in Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field.
- Minimum 4 years' experience working with proven track record of successful product launches and product & process development technology in the Food Industry.
- Strong Engineering and process Knowledge with some basic understanding of Food Science and Food Chemistry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization. Use of software including Word, Excel and Minitab
- Ability to influence others and get results through working with a diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage complexity- manage multiple project activities
- Executional excellence, personal leadership, time management and problem-solving competencies
- Strong demonstration of living the values in leading by example.
- Travel up to 40-60%- with some periods of multiple weeks located in plant/ possible (Short term assignment can be discussed)
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Apply on company website