The MEU (Mondelez European) Chocolate category has a net revenue of approximately $5 billion, making it our biggest category globally. The category is made up of world renowned and well-loved heritage brands like Cadbury, Milka, Toblerone, Alpen Gold, Cote D'or, Green & Blacks, Lacta, Freia and Marabou.
The planning hub is a centralised team with over 50 planners. The roles are responsible for category supply planning with activities related to -
- Short, Mid and Long term Finished Goods production requirement planning and Materials planning across the Mondelez Europe category technology platform network
- Strong linkage into production plants to ensure conformance to schedule and drive labour and capacity plans
- Strong linkage into the countries to secure customer service delivery.
- Manage Inventory levels to target expectations and customer service availability agreements
- Management of capacity challenges across all country markets in Mondelez Europe and lead communication to business contacts across impacted countries.
- Assessment of Short term feasibility requests from all countries (where necessary).
- Provide line input for the monthly Executive Supply Reviews.
The job role requires extensive communication with many functions and countries across the wider MEU business on both finished goods and materials planning. Typically the main contacts for this will be the factory based production schedulers and the area based demand planners for finished goods. And the factory based material schedulers, R&P (raw & pack) procurement managers and suppliers for materials.
- Responsible for the weekly creation and execution monitoring of production capacity plans for Finished Goods across the MEU technology platform – excluding daily scheduling activities in the factories.
- Highlight production planning issues / bottlenecks / propose-initiate immediate action to secure business continuity.
- Monitor logistics supply flows to the destination warehouses and resolve planning issues / bottlenecks / propose-initiate immediate action to secure customer service availability.
- Also responsible for weekly monitoring and tracking of capacity plans for FG at non-Mondelez plants and third party suppliers for the MEU technology platform.
- Run monthly the plant specific Supply Reviews and contribute to the consolidated Hub input to Integrated Business Planning reviews to agree upon effective capacity plans that balance customer service, supply cost, and inventory targets as well as to ensure that all derailing issues are effectively framed and escalated to the relevant forum for resolution.
- Develop strong linkage with manufacturing sites and ensure the plants are following latest supply plans with appropriate labour and technical resource through regular working sessions.
- Provide the hub related inputs to Category New Product Development from a capacity/material planning perspective and also ensure an efficient execution of in/out-phasing processes within a short/midterm production horizon.
- Manage processes to deliver the defined working capital targets for finished goods, WIP, R&P with minimising stock obsolescence.
- Implement the required MEU R&P Replenishment strategies with suppliers, ensuring optimal MRP set up/forecast provision/contract coverage and expected upstream communications are harmonised with liabilities transparent.
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
University Degree - preferred.
Comprehensive Supply Chain or Logistics education or experience –Required
Fully Operational knowledge of SAP APO, or equivalent - required.
APICS CPIM certified or similar accreditation - preferred.
Considerable operational management experience with supply planning - required.
Work experience in an international environment - preferred.
Experience with IBP - preferred.
Experience within FMCG – preferred.
Fluent English, written and spoken - required.
Any other European language - preferred.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Apply on company website