The Workers Compensation Specialist serves as the direct point of contact for all internal and external compensated related issues.
- Acquires treatment authorization for workers compensation and MVA patients.
- Acts as the department s key liaison to all workers compensation payors in the absence of the Director.
- Assists in the management of client/system relationship; assumes responsibility for establishing/maintaining rapport with key employers, insurance companies and other business entities.
- Assists with the coordination of special events and programs.
- Ensures that workers compensation quick notes are prepared by clinicians and sent to employers/claim handlers within 24 hours; reports noncompliance to team leader/director as appropriate.
- Functions as the between Corporate Care and HR for all work related injuries and employee return to work clearances.
- Is responsible for all administrative responsibilities for internal/external workers compensation claims.
- Monitors clinical efficiency and reports suggestions/situations to appropriate parties.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Responds to employer, carrier, and claims handler requests within 24 hours.
- Tracks employee fit tests and administers as necessary to maintain compliance.
- Tracks internal/external workers compensation claims to minimize financial leakage and reports as appropriate.
- High School Diploma; Associates Degree preferred
- Candidate must be detail oriented and conscientious, possess strong computer skills, possess
- general office skills such as answering phones, copying and filing.
- Prior workers compensation experience required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
Barnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. Barnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website